top of page
Alanya Damlatas.jpg

December weather in Alanya - Turkey

Current weather in Alanya

Sunshine Hours 136

Min Temperature 10 °C

Max Temperature 18 °C

Water Temperature 19 °C

Sunrise: 07:45

Sunset: 17:36

Total daylight: 09:51


Rain: 231mm

Rain free days:21

As the calendar turns to December, a distinct charm envelops the coastal city of Alanya, Turkey. While the summer allure may fade with the cooling temperatures, a unique appeal arises, inviting visitors to experience a different side of this Mediterranean gem. Let's dive into what you can expect from the December weather and activities in Alanya.

Weather Overview: In December, Alanya experiences a shift to cooler temperatures, where the average daily maximum hovers around 17°C, while the average daily minimum is approximately 7°C. The beach and sea beckon with an average water temperature of 20°C, offering a possibility to swim, although it may feel a touch brisk for some. The skies are graced with a 58% chance of a perfect sunny day, while a 42% chance of seeing some clouds sprinkles variety into the atmospheric palette.

Exploring Alanya: Embracing the cooler climate calls for a different approach to exploring Alanya. Visitors are encouraged to pack warmer clothes, especially for venturing out after dark. The off-peak season presents a marvelous opportunity to stroll along the coastline and marvel at the stunning vistas, without the bustling summer crowds. The cooler temperatures only add to the allure of historical sites such as the Alanya Castle and the ancient Shipyard, inviting exploration without the discomfort of the scorching summer sun.

Culinary Delights: Alanya's culinary scene takes on a cozy and inviting atmosphere during December. Indulge in traditional Turkish cuisine at local restaurants and savor heartwarming dishes that provide the perfect complement to the cooler weather. From steaming hot soups to aromatic teas, the local flavors promise to tantalize the taste buds and warm the soul.

Festive Events: December in Alanya may not be synonymous with snow-covered landscapes, but the city embraces the festive spirit with various events and markets. Delight in the jovial ambiance as local celebrations and markets showcase traditional crafts, local delicacies, and seasonal cheer.

In conclusion, while December may bring cooler weather to Alanya, it also unveils a different kind of beauty and charm waiting to be discovered. Whether it's a leisurely stroll along the coast, immersing in the local culture, or simply savoring the culinary delights, Alanya in December offers a one-of-a-kind experience for the discerning traveler.

Tourist seasons in Alanya

Off-Season in Alanya: January, February and March.

Low-Season in Alanya: April, May, November and December.

High-Season in Alanya: June, July, August, September and October.

Read more month by month 

bottom of page